Platform QA Engineer / SDET
TSX Entertainment (TSXE) is a one-of-a-kind entertainment company. We aim to create an integrated, innovative, interactive and immersive model, leveraging our team’s expertise and long history of disrupting the music and tech industries to define the entertainment experience of the future.
At TSX Entertainment, we empower our teams to dream big and solve hard problems - for our fans and our partners. We seek out people who understand that consistent innovation is the result of each member of the team contributing their passion and their ideas.
While we empower our teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable to the results. We look for people who are not afraid of signing up for results.
Our team members contribute meaningfully to our growth by inspiring a deep shared understanding, generating unique insights, implementing best practices and collaborating cross-functionally.
TSX Entertainment is looking for a QA Engineer / SDET. This individual will help in building tests for backend services and APIs for our mobile apps including support for audio and video streaming, payment, database, and content moderation. Main responsibility will be setting up, enhancing, and maintaining backend test infrastructure. Also researching in best practices and frameworks to continuously improve our methods and procedures.
- Design, develop & maintain robust automated regression tests and test automation frameworks
- Work effectively with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, report & debug issues
- Test Automation, White-box, Functional, and Performance testing
- Be a hands-on advocate and leader for test automation, and drive automated tests with CI/CD pipelines.
- Establish and maintain documentation on test approach and strategies
- Collaborate with partners to understand dependencies and facilitate development of integration/end-to-end tests
- Establish and maintain test data for automated testing navigating through databases to analyze issues
- Help identify, and communicate gaps to drive improvements in engineering to ensure system quality and team efficiency
- Apply software engineering best practices and approaches.
All Candidates should have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must communicate with cross-functional teams
- Team oriented mindset, with a strong sense of care and urgency
- Experience with test case management tools (Testlink, TestRail, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with different types of testing (black/grey/white box, functional, regression, sanity, penetration, compatibility, integration, stress, load)
Ideal Candidates should have:
- Experience working in CI/CD, Continuous Test, or Agile/Scrum environments preferred
- Experience with NOSQL database (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.)
- Will remain updated with current and emerging trends in related sector
- Experience developing advanced mocking mechanisms (Postman, etc.)
- Interested in personal growth and development
- 2-5 years of experience writing automation tests