We collect both personal and anonymous information through our Services. Personal information includes information that can allow someone to identify you individually, including, for example, your name, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of this identifiable information. Anonymous information include data that is aggregated and/or de-identified data, that is not associated with or linked to your personal information and typically cannot by itself identify individual persons. We collect personal information and anonymous information as described below.
You may not always need to provide us with personal information in order to browse our Service. However, if you do not provide the personal information that is necessary, we may not be able to respond to your query or provide certain Services to you.
Types of Information Collected
Depending on how you interact with the Services, we may collect the following personal information about or from you:
- Personal information and contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, username, and any other information you submit through the sign-up form when you register for an account.
- Payment information when you make purchases through our Services;
- Content you upload to our Services, such as any videos or photographs you chose to upload.
- Information on your device that you provide us access to, for example your camera roll.
- Information related to your attendance at one of our events, properties, or restaurants, including your dietary preferences and/or restrictions.
- Communications between you and us. When you communicate with us, such as through e-mail or text message, we may collect and save a record of your communication and any personal information provided during the communication. Settings and preferences that you may set through our Services.
- Usage data and automatically collected technical information such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including, but not limited to, the type of device you use, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Other data that we may collect from you where you voluntarily provide it or where we provide notice that information is being collected.
Sources of Information
We collect Information from various sources including data directly from you, from third parties, from public sources, and from automated systems.
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal information by providing it to us directly, including by corresponding with us by post, email or otherwise. This includes data you provide when you:
- sign up for our events or Services;
- subscribe to our Service;
- upload content to our Services;
- make a payment;
- attend our events;
- participate in surveys;
- engage customer support;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion, or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
Information We Collect from Third Parties. We may collect personal information about you from third-party sources. We may also collect anonymous or aggregated information from third-party sources (which may be combined with other personal information we have collected about you), such as:
- Third-party account sign-in: if you log into our Services using one of our partner log-in providers (such as Facebook, Google, Apple, etc.), we will collect certain personal information about you from those third parties.
- Publically available sources: We may collect information from publicly available sources such as public databases.
- Third party partners: We may also receive information from business partners, enforcement partners, and other third parties we work with.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Services, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and frequency of use. We collect this information by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see below for further details.
Retention of Personal Information
Except to the extent prohibited by law or as otherwise stated in this Policy or at the time of collection, and subject to this Policy, we will retain and use your personal information for as long as it is needed for fulfil the purposes related to your use of the Services and the purposes described in this Policy. These purposes include providing you with any of our Services, communications, information you have requested, or access to the Services, to document our business relationship with you, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may continue to retain your personal information even after you deactivate your account and/or cease to use the Services for the reasons described in this Policy.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect for various purposes, including:
- To provide you with our Service, including allowing you to record, or upload content to be features on our Services, including in real-life locations.
- To provide you notifications you have requested.
- To facilitate your participation in events.
- To set up and maintain your account.
- To process your payments.
- To respond to your inquires, requests, and questions.
- To notify you about changes to our Service, news about our Services and new features or offerings, and administrative notifications.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To verify your identity and eligibility to use the Services.
- To improve the administration of our Service and your experience.
To provide customer support.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service.
- To monitor the usage of our Service.
- To monitor the frequency with which you use our Service.
- To investigate, detect, prevent and address fraud, abuse, technical issues, violations of our terms, policies, and agreements, and other harmful or unlawful activities.
- To comply with applicable laws, cooperate with investigations by law enforcement or other authorities of suspected violations of law, and/or to pursue or defend against legal threats and/or claims.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- For reasons that we may describe to you at the time of collection.
We may create anonymous or aggregated information from personal information so that it is no longer personal information. We use this anonymous information to analyse use of our Services and improve our Service and other offerings. We reserve the right to use anonymous information for any legal purpose and to disclose anonymous information to third parties without restriction, except where it may be prohibited by applicable law.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Certain of your activity is visible to all users of our Services and to the public. For example, when you upload content to be featured on our Service, your display name and the uploaded content will be shared publicly.
We may also share information in the following circumstances:
Service Providers or Processors
We may disclose information to third-party service providers or contractors (processors) who use this information to perform services for us, such as hosting providers, payment processors, caterers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and/or support providers and other similar service providers.
Advertising and Marketing Partners
We may share information with third parties that provide advertising, campaign measurement, promotions, online and/or mobile analytics, and related services. These third parties may receive or access browsing and/or other data about your use of the Services, in order to measure our ad campaigns, and/or to better understand how individuals interact with our Services.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your information to law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation (such as a court order, warrant, or subpoena), to prevent or investigate fraud, abuse, possible wrongdoing in connection the Service, prevent physical or financial loss, or to protect against legal liability.
We may share some or all of your information in preparation for, during negotiation of, or in the process of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. We might also transfer or share information in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
Protect our Rights and our Users
We may disclose personal information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us, to enforce or administer our agreements, terms, and policies, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and/or to protect our rights, property, or safety and that of our affiliates, partners, clients, customers, users and/or others.
We may disclose information to other parties and for other purposes based on (a) your consent, (b) at your direction, (c) as described to you at the time the information is collected.
COOKIES AND ANALYTICS
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies enable you to log-in to our Services or save certain settings and preferences, while others allow us to track usage and activities on our Services, personalize content, or deliver more relevant ads. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The “Help” tab on the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you block cookies, however, certain features on our Website may not be available or function properly.
Pixel tags and embedded script (aka clear GIFs and web beacons).
Pixel tags are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use these, in connection with our Website to, among other things, track the activities of the users of our Services, improve ads, personalize and manage content, and gather usage information about our Website. We may also use these in HTML emails to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Third-Party Analytics Tools.
If you opt-in to email marketing, you can choose to opt-out at any time by following the instruction in such emails. For non-essential cookies, you can choose to opt-out, refuse, or stop the processing at any time using the consent management tool in our Service.
To opt-out of certain targeted advertising cookies go to http://optout.aboutads.info/. The Network Advertising Initiative also offers a means to opt-out of a number of advertising cookies. Please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org to learn more.
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use industry standard means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND PLATFORMS
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our services are not offered to children and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 (or majority in the jurisdiction they are accessing the services from). If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children without verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers, mobile devices, or other mechanisms. Third parties may be able to collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when you use the Services. You may opt out of online behavioral ads at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You also may limit certain tracking by disabling cookies in your web browser.
USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES.
JURISDICTION SPECIFIC NOTICES
If you are a resident of specific states you have additional rights described below:
Where applicable, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [INSERT PRIVACY EMAIL ADDRESS] with the subject line “California Shine the Light Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [INSERT PRIVACY EMAIL ADDRESS] with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth below.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us using the details set out below.
Email address: [ ]
Mailing address: [ ]